Thursday 27 October 2011

New Ideas...

After days of research, drawing, research and more drawing, I began to become particularly interested in the architectural drawings I had been focusing on. Looking at the colours and the angles especially.

The planes of the buildings offer a variety of shapes to work with....and now I have a new vision of where I want the product to go.

Looking at textiles I have been researching techniques from print to laser cut, embriodery and hand dying. Considering a piece of body adornment build up by creating a number of layers using textile techniques. I hope to echo the planes of the architecture and I am considering hand dyeing the fabrics to create the colours referenced by European architecture.

Recent trips to the Great Northern Contemporary exhibition and London gave me inspiration for the layered pieces.